Friday, August 21, 2009

Shane Carwin Confirms he will face Brock Lesnar



On his website, Shane Carwin has confirmed he has verbally agreed to fight Brock Lesnar at the upcoming UFC 106 event.

From Shane-Carwin.com:

I have verbally been offered the fight with Brock and I have verbally accepted this fight. My manager and the UFC are handling the the details. I am honored that the UFC has given me this opportunity. The fans of this sport are what makes MMA so great. I expect to be fighting at UFC 106 in November.

Shane Carwin, who is currently 11-0, including an impressive knockout in the 1st round of Gabriel Gonzaga, is a good match-up against Lesnar. At 6' 3" tall and weighing 265 pounds, he nearly equals Brock in size and stature, in fact he his 5XL gloves are bigger than Brock Lesnar's 4XL gloves. Carwin has a top amateur wrestling pedigree as well, and boasts some serious knockout power. Most of his fights end in the first minute or so of the fight, but it remains to be seen if he can stay off his back in a match against Lesnar.

No comments:

Post a Comment